Sunday 4 August 2013

Weekending


 
 

 

We didn't get the predicted strong winds and rain, it was actually miild and spring like.  I got crafty with my beads, some copper wire and a small piece of driftwood and made a sun-catcher - this is now hanging inside my sewing room window, where it catches the afternoon sun..

Lots of baking - this bread again - and brioche - filled with strawberry/rhubarb jam or lemon curd - based on this recipe.  I think I have a slight addiction to brioche for Sunday morning breakfast - it does mean I have to get up earlier on a Sunday to finish them off (the dough is made the night before and left in the fridge overnight).  I had a relaxing breakfast with coffee and my latest read when they were finally done.

Currently I am reading Vagabond which is the second installment in the Grail Quest series by Bernard Cornwell, about the 100 Year War between France and England.  Great reads - they certainly make you appreciate life today.

My broad bean plants are so tall now - covered in flowers - I'm just wondering how long it will take for beans to start forming.

What did you do this weekend? What books are you enjoying?

2 comments:

  1. Both of these breads look wonderful - thanks for the recipe links, I must just have to try them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such yummy looking food at your place this weekend Julie! I have an almost endless pile of books at my disposal to read at the moment as this I took over the running of our church library. I read a lot now as I have to review a book every 2 weeks for the church newsletter. All good food for the soul though😊 Isn't this spring like weather gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.