Monday 21 October 2013

Reading



The pile of books on my bedside table never really seems to get any smaller.  The titles may change - the pile is always five or six high.

Currently I am reading  and enjoying The Spymistress, set during the American Civil War.  It is based on a true story about  Elizabeth Van Lew, who set up a spy ring aiding the Unionists during the war.  I have been learning a lot too, about the  American Civil War - I knew it was between the North and South states, but never knew the reasons behind it.  This novel is also a change of direction for author Jennifer Chiaverini of Elm Tree Quilts series, she has written another historical novel called Mrs Lincoln's Dressmaker, which I am hoping my library will have.

What books are you reading at present.
Let me know I am always looking for new authors to try.

2 comments:

  1. Your stack of books looks like a lot of fun! I always have a stack near my nightstand as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you find that you often have read from a couple of books at a time - depending on what you feel like reading - I do.

      Delete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.