Wednesday 11 December 2013

Morning at the Museum



 








This morning I had an outing to the Auckland Museum.  Currently they are showing an exhibition from the V & A Museum called Selling Dreams - 100 years of fashion photography.  Lots of beautiful, mainly black and white photographs from the early 1900's through to modern day.

I also wandered down to Wintergardens,  to see the Corpse flower, unfortunately (or fortunately - cos it wasn't smelly anymore) it was starting to die off - it was still pretty large though. There were still lots of other lovely and some very unusual flowers and displays to see in the gardens.

2 comments:

  1. Loving those flower pictures! Thanks for doing us Northern Hemisphere folks a solid and posting some riotous natural color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - we had a corpse flower blooming at one of the universities here recently - I recognized it in your photo right away. I'm happy I haven't gotten the chance to smell one of those! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.