Wednesday 23 April 2014

Wednesday WIP





Well I have finally started my 241 Tote Bag.  The focal front and back pieces have been pieced together, with some of my favourite quilting fabrics, shot cotton, linen and shirtweight denim scraps.  I have also used a little piece of fringed selvedge from one of my linen pieces for added texture. I have used fusible lightweight fleece on the back, and just need to decide whether to do some quilting on these pieces, before I start assembling the rest of the bag.

Very much inspired by the lovely bags made by Melissa (Clothwork on Flickr) .  I am hoping to have this finished  by the weekend

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

17 comments:

  1. Oh it is beautiful friend!!! Just beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautiful. I have just ordered some of this orange fabric with the Rosés. It's so great in every Scrappy and QAYG projects. Great Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this bag isn't done yet, but I think it is already my favorite 241 ever!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those scraps! I'd love to see your finished bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had a quick look at the "finished" sample because I hadn't seen one b4 ...and now looking at your pieced front & back, it's wonderful!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished bag soon! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture of this - it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful texture and palette indeed! Good luck with this for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I love how you left that salvage edge in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking fantastic. I love your fabrics and quilt pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great patchwork. it's going to be an awesome tote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I bet that is going to be just lovely when it is done!

    Stopping by from Lee's WIP hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/04/wip-wednesday-april-23rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely use of patchwork. The fabrics are wonderful. What do you think of the pattern so far?

    ReplyDelete
  15. really liking the patchwork and colors you have chosen. can't wait to see the tote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a really cute tote!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.