Sunday 4 October 2015

Weekending






Mel hard at work

Rachael and Mel ignoring me and the camera.

Gwyneth knitting her beautiful socks.
  • Reading -The Embroidered Garden by Kazuko Aoki.  This pretty book almost makes me want to take up embroidery
  • Another sewing day - where I was surprised with an early birthday club gift from Gwyneth. Remember this wool that I bought, to make a shawl, which I started, and repeatedly undid.   When I discovered that Gwyneth was a knitter,  I gave it to her to use.  I figured that there was no point having it sit in a bag in my cupboard.  She surprised me with a beautiful shawl made out of it. The photos just don't do it justice.
  • Some sewing hand work was done, Mel was cutting out circles for her modern wedge blocks, I was making my Dresden blades. Rachael was cutting fabric for another civil war quilt, and Gwyneth was knitting another pair of beautiful socks.
One more week of holidays to go here - have a great week what ever you may be doing.

7 comments:

  1. Your latest library book looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shawl, love the colour of the yarn, a stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shawl, perfect for a long beach stroll in the evenings! Love Mel's block, isn't it amazing how different all these modern wedges are looking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful shawl from your friend! That is gorgeous isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Dresden blades look fabulous! Your fabric choices are spot on! (forgive the pun!) And look, your spotty top matches....

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a good weekend for you :) How wonderful to have that yarn come back to you in the form of such a beautiful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That embroidery book is stunning! I must get to the library.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.