Sunday 6 August 2017

Weekending










From the sewing room:
  • Two more Ice Cream Soda blocks completed, so that's the first two months finished. I love how they look together, and am now wondering about incorporating some vintage embroidered linens into the next months blocks.
  • Some more filler blocks for Miss B's sea glass beach sampler quilt.
  • A start on the felt applique project, new felt has been chosen (so much for using up my existing stash)
From the Library
  • A pile of fictitious goodness - now I just need some mornings to lie in and read.
From the Garden:  
  • The poppies I planted a couple of months ago are flowering, unfortunately I think my sweet pea seeds have rotted away.
From the kitchen:
  • Biscuits and muffins for school lunches
Hope you have all had a fabulous weekend too.



13 comments:

  1. Your ice cream soda blocks are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely creativity going at yours this weekend..........wish I was popping by to sample the baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots happening at your place this weekend! Love the blocks, that felt has the most beautiful colours...love the bumble bee photo, I also,planted sweet peas, they are about four inches tall and not doing anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks look fantastic all together! Love them! your flower photos are especially gorgeous today and that stack of books looks like one to get lost in.
    enjoy ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Ice Cream Soda blocks are looking lovely! I'm guessing you have a little system for doing them by now? And that's a great bumble bee pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poppies are beautiful! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That felt looks interesting! Is it hand dyed? Ah, lying in to read sounds heavenly. That will have to wait until the next holidays for me! Your poppy photos are fabulous! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Soda Blocks looks fantastic; I love all that fussy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun ways to spend the weekend! I, too, love your ice cream soda blocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! The muffins and biscuits look delicious.
    Happy New Week!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you enjoyed quite the weekend! Beautiful images! Hope you find some time to read those books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty little epp stars all together. The one that jumps out at me is the fussy cut AMH star on the bottom - great color contrast. Oh... just spotted the other AMH fussy cut at the top. This will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.