Sunday 13 August 2017

Weekending









Most of my weekends seem to be an endless repeat of cook, sew, clean, so here's what I have been sewing and cooking this weekend.

  • I am really something of a quilting butterfly, I flit from one sewing/quilting project to the next. I guess there is no chance of getting bored with any of them, or finishing any of them quickly at this rate.   Anyhoo, I have flitted back to the Wide Open pouch I was making for my sister. After a concentrated sewing effort, I got the side panels completed and sewn in , (Gosh wonder clips are a wonderful investment and product for this type of project), the bias binding made and attached, then detached and re-attached. Those curves were hard with layers of soft and stable and fabric.  After finally getting the binding attached successfully,  I decided to hand sew the binding down rather than top stitching it on my machine.  Now it's just the zipper, and the final pieces of binding to be sewn on.
  • A little whimsical ice cream soda block in progress
  • Sunday night dessert in progress, Plum and Cinnamon Upside Down Cake - recipe from here
Wishing you all a fabulous week, hopefully,  I'll have a completed pouch to show on Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.this Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on hand stitching the binding down. I did that on my sew together bag. I felt the finished product was so much softer. Top stitching the binding leaves such a harsh line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty pouch... hand stitching often leaves a tidier finish and you can wrangle things a bit easier than with the machine. I might have to check out that recipe - it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're almost at the finish line with the Wide Open Pouch, lovely KF fabric! I always feel I need to get on with some hand sewing when I see a project such as your Ice Cream Soda blocks, relaxing hand sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would describe your weekend as a snacking one,a bit of this and that! I just might have to have a look at that plum cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful Julie! The wide open pouch is looking especially lovely! Your binding and zipper are a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors with the pouch ... and dessert please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a busy weekend. Loving the fabric for the pouch - it's going to be gorgeous. And dessert looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.